On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Nico Alberti wrote:

> 2005/6/10, Atle Veka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > The speed of the drive will have a lot to say on how long the queries run.
> > You haven't said anything about what type of master you have, OS, mysqld
>
> Thank you all for your answers. As I said before, I was only curious,
> as fortunately I don't have to rely on my laptop for that data :-).(
> However, it is a P4m with 512 Mb Ram, while the server is a dual p4,
> 2Gb and raid5 scsi disk. They are both running some 4.1.x mysql
> server)..

Ok, so your laptop has a p4, that doesn't really mean much. What really
matters is that your laptop probably has a 4200rpm IDE drive while your
server has a 10/15k rpm SCSI drive. I would doubt that your antivirus
software has much to do with this, the biggest problem is your disk. :)

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator