More queries yes but not more disk i/o. The first query will never touch a disk.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Eric Bergen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06/09/2005 12:56:59 PM:

How about something like this:

mysql> select @t := now();
+---------------------+
| @t := now()         |
+---------------------+
| 2005-06-09 09:55:49 |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert delayed into t set t = @t;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from t;
| 2005-06-09 09:55:49 |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

This way you get the current time of the call and it doesn't matter how
long the insert delayed sits for.