From: Brian Dunning [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:36 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: How to load a remote db with lots of data?

On Jun 13, 2005, at 7:18 AM, Berman, Mikhail wrote:

> How about an FTP service on your remote server?

No - I actually don't have any remote access directly to the MySQL
server. My ISP has separate machines for the database servers and the
web servers - I can do a lot with my web server, but I don't have remote
access to the MySQL server. I can telnet into the web server, and from
there I may be able to access the MySQL server - but frankly when you
mention telnet or shell I'm already in over my head.  :(