From: bruce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:30 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: alter table - add a column

hi..

i have a table that i want to add a column to, and define the columm to be
the primary key. however, i already have a column in the table that's used
as the primary. can someone tell me the approach/commands i should use to
get my results?

table foo
username varchar(50), primary

what i want...
userid int(), primary
username varchar(50)

with userid listed before username!!
can someone tell me what the commands are that i need to enter to get this!!

i thought something like,
alter table foo add userid int(8), primary first (but i couldn't get it to
work.. errors) and then i couldn't see how to remove the primary key fom
username...

thanks

-bruce
[EMAIL PROTECTED]