I have MySQL 4.1.12 running on a MacOS X 10.4.1 development setup where I often load a 1Gb db and later on drop it/reload/generally make a mess. I just noticed that though the database is holding only 4 small records totalling less than 1k, my ibdata1 file is sitting at over 800Mb. I'm guessing that some time in the past deleted data has not been purged from the innodb file. How can I do this manually? Can I force InnoDB to rebuild the file? 'SHOW INNODB STATUS' doesn't show any open transactions.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture