> I seriously encourage you to read up on
> transactions and InnoDB and I strongly suggest you change your table
> design (to use InnoDB). That way you have an actual "ROLLBACK" command at
> your disposal. Otherwise you will be re-inventing the wheel by creating a
> versioning-locking system for MyISAM when one already exists in InnoDB.
>
> What you need is a wrench to turn that nut but right now you are trying to
> use a hammer. Change your tool and your task will become much easier to
> accomplish.

Thank you for your reply.  I realize that there are limitations with the
MyISAM engine but the product has been designed from the ground up to use
MyISAM tables and is already deployed.  Changing database design would be a
costly affair in my humble  opinion.  This is something that could be done if
the customer wants a big update, then I might be able to force that kind of
change too but until then I'm stuck in MyISAM.

Until someone can tell me "the" answer, I guess I will implement a sort of
thing as suggested here.

Its just that I want to avoid at all cost that a patch is only half applied.
Imagine finding out what is going on in a product that is "between" versions.

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093