On Wednesday 15 June 2005 15:10, Martijn Tonies wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> > I've been playing around with stored procedures and I seem to be able to
> > consistantly crash msqld but I'm unsure wether it's because I'm doing
> > something I shouldn't (SP newbie :]) or wether the issue's a bug in
> > mysql.
> >
> > I know I'm 'pushing my luck' with the code below but I was trying it out
>
> of
>
> > interest more than anything.
> >
> > For reference the new table is being created by the SP but mysqld then
> > crashes.  I'm running 5.0.6 installed from the Redhat 9 RPMS under Fedora
> > Core 3.
>
> Well, obviously, it should never crash ... but ...
>
> What's the point in preparing these statements?

It was simply attempting to ensure that the created table would be unique when
the SP was called. If you've multiple threads/users application side I didn't
want to use a single table name and have the SP fall over itself. Obviously
there are other (more elegant) solutions but as stated I was playing with SPs
to see what I could get them to do.

--
Best regards,
 Rob Hall - Red Hat Certified Engineer