Mathias,

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find a server
variable named "max_temp_table_size" but I did find
one named "max_heap_table_size". Is that what you
meant? BTW, I forgot to mention that I'm using MySQL
4.0.20. Could it be that this variable that you
mention is only in later versions?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is a multi-table
update statement. If I select too many rows I get the
"Table #sql-123 is full" error. If I bite off a small
enough chunk, the query works.

Thanks again,

Tripp