From: David Griffiths [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:17 AM
To: Brady Brown
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: What is best open-source platform alternative to overcome
innodb 2Gb memory limit on Linux? FreeBSD?

Why not go AMD-64? Dual Opteron, with 8/16/32 gig of RAM? Get a 3ware
SATA drive, and run Gentoo for AMD-64. You can increase your innodb
buffer pool to use almost all that space. You can make your buffer pool
as large as the physical RAM in your machine can support. No 2.5 gig per
process, 4-gig limit on addressable memory (without the address-extensions).

Your hardware is holding you back more than your operating system.

David