Is there a way to return a value that has been modified via regular
expressions?  For example, let's say I have a bunch of phone numbers.
Some of them were entered in like "(123) 456-7890" and some where
entered in (123-456-7890".  I would like to only pull out the numbers
from these fields.  I've looked at the mysql REGEXP type functions and
they just return true or false.  I have run into many situations where
returning a regular expression modified value would be very handy.  Only
solution I have found so far is nested string replace functions.

Eric Jensen