We're noticing a problem where if we were to write to the master with multiple threads that our slave DB will fall behind.

Note that we're trying to perform as many inserts as humanly possible and the load on the master is 1.

My theory is that the master, since it can write to multiple tables, is faster due to the IO controller being able to more efficiently command queue and buffer IO.

Since replication is only one thread its not able to benefit from these optimizations and hence is prone to falling behind.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator)! - visit http://rojo.com. See irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.