In the last episode (Jun 20), William G.J. Halfond said:
> I'm not sure if this question is more appropriate for general
> discussion or the internals list.
>
> I want to create a tokenizer/lexer for MySQL's dialect of SQL to use
> in a JAVA application.  I thought I could do this by creating a JAVA
> wrapper on the lexer code for MySQL.  I looked through the source and
> found the yacc file and the sql_lex file, but was wondering why I
> couldn't find the original lex file?  I had hoped to use this to
> generate the lexer code for my application.

sql_lex.cc is the original file.  It doesn't use a lex-generated
scanner.  It's not all that bad; quite a bit of that file is actually
unrelated to scanning.  Only the first 1000 lines or so look like they
have anything to do with processing input, and that looks
straightforward.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]