First, remember when MySQL interacts with the filesystem it does so with the privileges of the mysql user (or whatever user is running the database). You'll have problems if that user doesn't have permissions in that dir.

I'm not sure what OS GoDaddy runs, but if it's a flavor of Linux the data files are probably in:
/var/lib/mysql
or they might be in:
/usr/local/mysql/data

Brian Dunning wrote:
I've got a GoDaddy virtual dedicated server and I'm trying to run a LOAD DATA INFILE, but I keep getting "Can't get stat of '/home/httpd/ vhosts/04planet.info/httpdocs/test.txt' (Errcode: 13)"

As you can see from that error message, I've uploaded my data file to the httpdocs directory and trying to run: LOAD DATA INFILE '/home/httpd/vhosts/04planet.info/httpdocs/ test.txt' .... etc

I've Googled and read some people found success by uploading their data file to a mysql directory instead, but I can't find such a directory for the life of me by browsing around through this server. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Thanks.  :)