Hi everyone,
   Trying to connect to a MySQL database from a Linux Server using PERL to a
Windows Machine with a MySQL database (5.0.6). I can connect successfully on
the windows box but cannot on the Linux server! I ran a SQLTRACE (DBD) with the
following output:
imp_dbh->connect: dsn = database=userdb:hostname=192.168.2.113:port=3307, uid =
user1, pwd = user1
imp_dbh->MyLogin: dbname = userdb, uid = user1, pwd = user1,host =
192.168.2.113, port = 3307
imp_dbh->mysql_dr_connect: host = 192.168.2.113, port = 3307, uid = user1, pwd
= user1
imp_dbh->mysql_dr_connect: client_flags = 2
imp_dbh->mysql_dr_connect: <-Access denied for user 'user1'@'192.168.3.90'
(using password: YES) error 1045 recorded: Access denied for user
'MSA'@'192.168.3.90' (using password: YES)

What disturbs me is that the return error comes back with a different IP
address than what I sent out. Anyone have any idea as to why? That would seem
to be the problem with the "access denied"!

George

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.