Berman, Mikhail wrote:
Hi everyone,
My "/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlshow --host=xxx--user=xxx
--password=xxxx" command hangs.
I can ping host from local machine
I can "locally" execute mysqlshow command on the host.
I can "locally" execute mysqlshow command on remote server
My environment is UNIX with MySQL 4.1.xx installed on both local server
and host.
Any help is greatly appreciated, Mikhail Berman

Hi Berman,

sorry if i might ask some simple questions ... but can you logon remotely at all(?), using the client tools like:

are you granted for a remote logon?
does your mysql-client tools hang as well?

the statement show a no-space between '--host=xxx--user=xxx' it should be '--host=xxx --user=xxx' or are you aware of that?

Best Regards,

Danny Stolle
Netherlands