I'm working on fine tuning the Server Parameters for a
machine (with 2 GB of RAM). The database has a fair
number of tables. Many of them are full of blobs. The
version of our production MySQL is:
4.0.20-pc-linux-i686.

In trying to decide on some of the buffer variables
I've seen some very desparate choices with a couple of
them. They are:
read_buff_size, sort_buffer_size,
read_rnd_buffer_size.

Many people have these set rather high (like 128M+).
But I read somewhere that these settings are PER
CONNECTION and not for the server itself. If that is
so - shouldn't they be more like 8M, 8M & 6M ??

Are there other variables that are PER CONNECTION and
not for the whole server that I need to re-think?

thanks,
erin