Dear Gleb,

Thanks, i will try that as well, so far my program can access the
server now by using the old password. Now my problem is when i load
file, its only reading the first line and some more insert a null
record before the ist record.

here is the result i get after loading the text file:
mysql> load data local infile 'syslog5.txt' into table log4 fields
terminated by ' \t' lines terminated by '\n';
Query OK, 2 rows affected, 513 warnings (0.03 sec)
Records: 20  Deleted: 0  Skipped: 18  Warnings: 505

the first record shows all null values on all columns
the second record is correct but it is the first line in my text file
the rest of the lines in the text file is ignored.

I tried creating a table for my pc event logs, its all working fine,
can load, and query from the c application.

Would appreciate if you guys can help.

Elizabeth