Hi,

I just moved my DB from 4.0 to 4.1.11. I used mysqldump to dump the data
first, and then inserted it to the new DB. The character set of the data
is EUC-JP (ujis).

My problem is, I can see the character correctly if I connect to mysql
server using mysql client. For example:
# mysql -e "SELECT name FROM USER LIMIT 1;" test_db

But, when I call it from Perl DBI, I get data with wrong character set
(ex. The character displayed as ??? mark).

Here is my setting:
mysql> show variables like "%character%";
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | ujis                       |
| character_set_connection | ujis                       |
| character_set_database   | ujis                       |
| character_set_results    | ujis                       |
| character_set_server     | ujis                       |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
7 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> show variables like "%collation%";
| Variable_name        | Value            |
| collation_connection | ujis_japanese_ci |
| collation_database   | ujis_japanese_ci |
| collation_server     | ujis_japanese_ci |