Ashok Kumar wrote:
Hi friends,
 I'm now started to using the Redhat-Linux. Now i want
to start MySQL on Linux. I'm not having much idea
about Linux. I'm new to this. For Linux which MySQL
installation i've to choose from the site. there are
lot of binary distributions, i don't which one is
compatible for my OS.

 Linux and H/W specification of my system is as
follows.
1. Redhat Linux 9
2. Intel PIII

 And i also want to know abt how to install and
configure MySQL for using that in 'C'. Pls guide me in
this.

Thanks and Regards,
 Ashok Kumar.P.S.

____________________________________________________ Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Ashok,

I suggest that you carefully read the documentation on http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/index.html

Here you can find the installation program and tutorials to help you get through MySql

If you are new to Linux, then perhaps reading some stuff about linux first.

Good luck and enjoy :^)

Best Regards,

Danny Stolle
Netherlands