Hello,

I have a database (on Win2k) with merge table. Mysqldump output includes some path information on the merged tables such as DATA DIRECTORY and INDEX DIRECTORY

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `rptpricing1996`;
CREATE TABLE `rptpricing1996` (
 `PricingId` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 `commodity` char(22) NOT NULL default '',
 `variables` char(7) NOT NULL default '',
 `PricingDt` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',
 `PricingHighPrice` decimal(12,2) default NULL,
 `PricingLowPrice` decimal(12,2) default NULL,
 `PricingAvgPrice` decimal(12,2) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`PricingId`),
 KEY `commodityDate` (`commodity`,`PricingDt`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
DATA DIRECTORY='C:\SDVI\DB\mysql\data\dbsdvi\'
INDEX DIRECTORY='C:\SDVI\DB\mysql\data\dbsdvi\';

When trying to load the database back (mysql dbsdvi < dbsdvi.dump)
the path information produces errors as mysql treats the \ character as an escaped character.

Removing the path information eliminates the error, but how do I tell mysqldump not to output the path information?

regards,
nyem