Another approach would be to use a view with a CHECK OPTION.  This will
allow the view to behave exactly like a check constraint:

CREATE VIEW tblJob_view AS
  SELECT JobId, CustomerId, JobType, Description,
         QuotationDate, OrderDate
  FROM tblJob
  WHERE JobType IN ('DesignOnly', 'DesignInstall', 'InstallOnly')
WITH CHECK OPTION

This will force or constraint the view to only accept inserts where the
criteria specified in the WHERE clause matches.

--
Partha Dutta, Senior Consultant
MySQL Inc, NY, USA, www.mysql.com