Selon Behrang Saeedzadeh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Mathias,
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> > I will not explain the same thing for sqlserver, sybase ..., but when
> > your RDBMs
> > have a data dictionnary, you don't need to execute count(*)  :o) WITH
> > Updated
> > statistics of course.
>
> I'm a little bit confused here. Why the count(*) is not transformed to a
> select from the data dictionary if this way is faster? And what's the
> difference between updated statistics and statistics not updated?
>
> > With information_schema in 5.x and higher, innodb will act as it's done
> > in all
> > the other RDBMS.
> >
> > Hope that helps
>
> Sure! It helped by orders of magnitured more than I thought it can help ;-)
>
> > :o)
> > Mathias
>

> --
> Behrang Saeedzadeh
> http://www.jroller.com/page/behrangsa
>
> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client

Well,
The information in data dictionnary are correct only just after updating them.
imagine at 12h, you update statistics, num_rows=2000. At 12h05, you insert 1000
lignes and delete 500.

At 12h10, you ask the data dictinary num_rows, it will give you 2000, even if
they are 2500.

Hope that helps
:o)
Mathias