Hi Jocelyn,
you're right of course. I didn't read the original post
closely enough (it's early in the morning here...).
I missed that SELECT wasn't used.

Regards,
        /Johan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Johan,

I don't think it's its problem, since MySQL returns a "You have an error
in your SQL syntax." error, and not those specified in this bug report.
This means the SQL parser failed to understand its query.

Regards,
  Jocelyn

Hi Siegfried,
I think you've run into bug #8732:
if you do a INSERT INTO table (col_list) SELECT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY
UPDATE and
refer to the same column in the col_list and in the UPDATE clause, it
will bail
out, doesn't seem like it should, since not listing the column in the
INSERT
list will make it work.

I've run into it myself on 4.1.12.

/Johan

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

Thanks for deciphering that terrible message, Shawn. I accidentally must
have hit the paste key too many times.

Anyway, here is my new insert statement:

INSERT INTO jobtitlecount (fkJobPosting, dtSnapShot, cJobTitle) VALUES
(211584,'2005-06-26',2) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE cJobTitle=2

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax.
Check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE cJobTitle=2' at line 1 at
./crawl-hot-jobs.pl line 675.

I'm looking at the documentation on
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/insert.html and I don't see what I am
doing wrong.