------------ Original Message ------------

Date: Friday, July 01, 2005 10:04:01 AM -0400
From: "Haisam K. Ido" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com Subject: Primary Key question

I've created the following table (server 4.1 in win2k)

CREATE TABLE `os` (
  `id` tinyint(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `description` varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`,`name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

and was very surprised that I can do the following twice.  Should'nt
this be rejected since name is a primary key ad has already been used?

INSERT INTO os (name,description) VALUES ( 'winxp','winxp');