fast and dirty -
http://www.geekgirls.com/menu_databases.htm

Do the design from scratch on the right side.

Monty Harris wrote:

Dear Group,

I have just completed the Sams MySQL in 24 hours and feel like I now have a
reasonable understanding of creatinf queries, etc.

However, the one area that seemed sadly lacking was that of database design.
I recently purchased a book named "Database design for mere mortals", which
seems to be very slow going, and is going to take me forever to get through
the 550 pages.

I'm not looking for a quick fix, but there has to be some middle ground.  Is
there anywhere I can go to get a reasonable working knowledge of database
design just so I can get started with the task I have been given.  In the
meantime I can make my way through this book.

So, where do I go to learn about the initial design, seeing as it is so
crucial?

--
Respectfully,
Ligaya Turmelle