Hi,

I'm running out of resources even though I think I shouldn't.

The open_files_limit=256, max_connections=246, and table_cache=64 and
I'm trying to actively create 'Too many open file errors' with this
configuration, to be able to quantify the effect of raising the
filesystem's ulimit, and the variables mentioned above.

The first problem is this: I can only make 236 connections and not 246
(Threads_connected).

Further, with the 236 connections opened: as soon as I do the first
table join (just two tables), I get the 'Too many open files' error.
But... Open_files is only 5 and Open_tables is 1.

So even though it appears that my resources aren't spent, I still have
an unuseable system. Why?

MySQL 4.1.10, Solaris 8, 1 GB RAM, key_buffer_size=264MB. Tables are
flushed before I start making the connections.

Thanks for your time.

--
Martijn

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is
confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended