Kasthuri,

Maybe it's time to re-think your application architecture? A 200-meg
BLOB is quite large for a highly-concurrent system, considering that
MySQL will have to read/save it in its entirety _and_ allocate network
buffers for it, so essentially you're allocating _400_ megs or so _per_
client.

Thanks a lot for all who responded. Yes, I'm fighting that battle with developers right now. Until I can convince developers to redesign their application, I'm working on ways to keep mysql from not crashing. I think our option is to move to 64 bit machine or store session data on local disk instead of in the database.

Thanks again.

Kasthuri

(not to mention that many of your web sessions are sending 200 megs of
data around your network between your appserver(s) and your database,
which is a performance issue as well)

    -Mark

- --
Mark Matthews
MySQL AB, Software Development Manager - Connectivity
www.mysql.com