Can you help set me straight?

I recently upgraded from coldfusion 5 to coldfusion mx 7. In the process
I also switched from odbc to jdbc connections to mysql
(4.0.21-nt-max-log).

>From looking at the query log, I'm now getting...

        SHOW VARIABLES

...once per connection

followed by...
        SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED

-> followed by one or more...
^       SELECT
^
^  followed by...
^       SET autocommit=1
^       SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED
^
<- this pattern repeats until the final Quit for the connection.

I can include actual entries from the query log if you would like to see
them.

Is SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED applicable to
MyISAM tables? I am not using transactions and InnoDB or BDB tables.
Since I am not using transactions is this statement irrelevant (and
unneeded)?

I'm also a little surprised by the SET autocommit=1.  The manual says...

The other non-transactional storage engines in MySQL Server (such as
MyISAM) follow a different paradigm for data integrity called ``atomic
operations.'' In transactional terms, MyISAM tables effectively always
operate in AUTOCOMMIT=1 mode. Atomic operations often offer comparable
integrity with higher performance.

and...

By default, MySQL runs with autocommit mode enabled. This means that as
soon as you execute a statement that updates (modifies) a table, MySQL
stores the update on disk.

and...

Note that if you are not using transaction-safe tables, any changes are
stored at once, regardless of the status of autocommit mode.

So it would seem that the SET autocommit=1 commands being seen in the
query log are not needed. I checked and autocommit is enabled (not that
it would seem to matter since I'm using MyISAM tables)...

mysql> SELECT @@AUTOCOMMIT;
+--------------+
| @@autocommit |
+--------------+

Am I right that neither

        SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED
        SET autocommit=1

are appropriate/needed for MyISAM tables?

If that is true, then I guess my next step is to try and find out why
coldfusion mx 7 is issuing them to MySQL when using MyISAM tables.

Thanks,
Daniel