Hello all!

I have two tables in my database:  results(20 000 rows) and
data_lab1(3 000 rows) Both are related by a sample number (sample_id.)
I need to find the samples of data_lab1 table that they are not in
results table.

I think the following query is the solution:

SELECT data_lab1.sample_id, results.sample_id
FROM data_lab1
LEFT JOIN results ON results.sample_id = data_lab1.sample_id
WHERE results.sample_id IS NULL

But 15 minutes later, it does not return any results and then I stop
it. I don't have  a lot of experience with MySQL. My system is:

PC: Pentium 3, 900 MHz, 512 MB-RAM
White Box Linux 3
MySQL v4.0

Something wrong with the query?, another idea?, thanks in advance for
any suggestion, regards

Juan P. Espino