I'm looking for comments/suggestions on the best method to
migrate multiple databases from one machine to another. It has been
requested that both machines be placed into production and that a slow
migration occur of services and databases over a period of time. I
realize that mysql doesn't support synchronization per sey but has
anyone done real time migration in small blocks. I have multiple
services accessing the same databases. Although not my choice, they want
to leave some services running on the old machine and writing to one db
while re-writing code/moving other services. My inclination is to deny
this request but I'd like to pool the community for comments. I'm very
comfortable shutting down one db, migrating a whole db, re-point
services and start the new db. I am just digging for a creative
solution. I like creative suggestions/challenges.

Thanks in advance,

Ross Anderson