Warren Young wrote:
> I believe people have gotten MySQL to build under Cygwin, but you should
> be aware of another option: Cygwin's build system can link against
> Microsoft C libraries, so you could just use the regular Win32 binary
> distribution and link your program against that.

That sounded like a great idea. Here are my results:

I first tried the system documented in the Cygwin users guide:
nm libmysql.dll grep ’ T _’ | sed ’s/.* T _//’ >> foo.def
but nm didn't find any symbols.

I found a link that described the following which worked better:
pexports libmysql.dll > libmySQL.def
dlltool --input-def libmySQL.def --dllname libmysql.dll --output-lib libmysql.a -k

Now I have a library that works to compile against, and I can even
perform queries, but there are two problems:

1. The pexports did not find _mysql_server_init so I cannot initialize
(or finalize) the library calls.

2. The programs compiled crash in the call to mysql_close(&sock)
at the end of my routine.

If this isn't the best way, what is the recommended wayt to use mysql
with g++/gcc and cygwin?