Hi everybody.

During the migration of our mysql test server to version 5 I noticed a
problem when I tried to import a table that I dumped from our 4.1
production machine.

The table has some fields defined as float(31,30) (they came from an
old Access table converted with DBTools Manager). When I import the
dump into the test machine, each field is either 10 or null.
If the field is defined simply as float, the import goes smoothly.

I confess I am not a great dba. I tried to look at the documentazion
looking for some hint, but I had lo luck. Can anybody explain this
strange (at least for me) behaviour?
--
Ciao
Nico