Thank you Chris with this info! This will greatly help me out, so as I see
it now, there is absolutely no advantage to generating your own unique
numbers manually - just let MySQL do it for you.... am I correct in this
assumption?

Again, thanks!
Patrick

# http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/e/Replication_Features.html
#
# Replication will be done correctly with AUTO_INCREMENT,
# LAST_INSERT_ID, and
# TIMESTAMP values.
#
# > This sounds encouraging, but are there any known problems
# with the MySQL
# > replication model currently available?? Would the slave
# servers have the
# > same auto_inc column attributes? Could this conflict somehow with
# > the master
# > server??
#
#
# Before posting, please check:
#    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
#
# To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# To unsubscribe, e-mail
# <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
#