Hi list

Im new to the list so i hope it's the right place for my post.

For a projekt i am combining different tables. Everything seems to work,
but in some rows the "Kode" field VARCHAR(10) ends up as INT. I will try
to explain with an example.

Table1
46
47
48
67

Table2
BBEGYNDER
BVILDIVAND
01ELITE
02SSKOLEN

When i combine these i get

46
47
48
67
0
0
01
02

The desired result should be:

46
47
48
67
BBEGYNDER
BVILDIVAND
01ELITE
02SSKOLEN

== MySQL statements to create the combined table ==

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS searchTemp;

CREATE TABLE searchTemp (
`table` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL ,
`id` VARCHAR ( 10 ) NOT NULL ,
`headline` TEXT NOT NULL ,
`teaser` TEXT NOT NULL ,
`text` TEXT NOT NULL ,
`image_id` INT NOT NULL
);

ALTER TABLE
        `searchTemp`
ADD FULLTEXT
(
        `headline` ,
        `teaser` ,
        `text`
);

INSERT INTO searchTemp
(
        SELECT 'content', id, headline, text, teaser, image_id FROM content
)
UNION ALL
(
        SELECT 'wesHoldKategori', wesHoldKategori.Kode AS id, Navn AS headline,
Beskrivelse AS text, '', image_id FROM wesHoldKategori
);

Anyone who can explain why this is happening and how i can solve it?

Thanks in advance

Dennis Duggen

--
Airconditioners and computers have one thing in common:
Once you open windows everything fails.