        From: DePhillips, Michael P
        Sent: Sun 7/17/2005 11:05 AM
        To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
        Subject: datetime/timestamps/4.1.12

        Hello,

        I just upgraded to 4.1.12 from 4.0.22 and my timestamps changed formats
        %Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s

        So I added the following lime to my my.cnf file

        datetime_format=%Y%m%d%H%i%s

        Which is the format I prefer, I  restart the server and my time stamps
still appear as
        %Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s

        The 'show variables' command now confirms that the format is what I
defined in the my.cnf but the output of the query does not change...

        What am I missing?

        Thanks,
        Michael