Ben Clewett wrote:
Joerg,

I am trying to work out how stable 5.0.x is. Related to why MySQL advise people to wait for the 'release' status.

You say 5.0.1 is old and obsolete. Yet is not at release stage yet. This is curious.

Will 5.0.1 be changed before release? For example: Will large errors (eg, server crash) be retrospectively fixed in 5.0.1 if found in this release?

The way I thought of it was: New features would demand a new release. Critical bug fixes would be made in *all* live versions. Otherwise why have multiple versions at different stages?

But if no changes are going to occur, why is it not 'release' now?

Sorry for my confusion,

Ben Clewett

Please reread Joerg's message carefully. 5.0.1 is old and obsolete because it was replaced by 5.0.2, which was replaced by 5.0.3, which was ..., which was replaced by the current 5.0.9.

Michael