Hi!

Peregrine wrote:
On Monday 18 July 2005 03:06am, Joerg Bruehe wrote:

[[...]]

You are correct. The compile was successfully completed, as in there were no compile errors. However, I am building RPMs; that was the "build process" that I was referring to. Sorry to have been confusing.

No confusion - I just wanted to be explicit.

Which platform are you using, or which specific features are you
combining, so that you build by yourself?

Fedora, RHEL, CentOS & SUSE distributions for i386 & AMD64. Now that these distributions have sufficiently current packages of 4.1 available, I no longer build those; just 5.0 (as close to the way those distributions would probably build them) for development and testing.

Ok, that makes sense.

[[...]]
mysql                          [ pass ]
mysql_client_test              [ fail ]

Errors are
(from
/home/lamontp/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-5.0.9-beta/mysql-test/var/log/mysqltes
t-time) : mysql_client_test.c:3811: check failed: 'rc == 0'
[[...]]

Yes, both look good probably.
You just ran into one reason why version 5.0 is still in "beta" state.
It is a known bug, MySQL development is working on this.

Is there any better reference to the bug available (bug ID) so that I could follow it? I could also try contribute a fix, in that case.

No, sorry there is not. Depending on machine and test mode (especially "embedded"), "mysql_client_test" shows different test failures. When I first replied, I thought I had seen exactly this error, but now my search showed it only for "embedded" tests.

If your experiments show the reason of the failure or even lead to a patch, that would be great and very welcome!

I propose to run "make test-force", so that this failing test does not
prevent the subsequent tests from being taken.

I will do that for testing purposes. Currently, I build 5.0.x for development and testing, not for production, so I will need to build a set of RPMs without test-force to continue distributing for those purposes.

Ok, it is up to you in which way you run the tests; I just want to be sure you know about this way to run them all.

Not needed. Typically, tests are skipped if they are declared to test a
component which is not included in the binary being tested. [[...]]

Which is what I expected. Thanks for the confirmation. I only offered or the sake of completeness.

Yes, that is how I understood it.

Regards,
Jörg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com