[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

i try to use mysql with stunnel (http://stunnel.org) in order to encrypt my
mysql connections. I know that mysql-4.x supports SSL but i can't compile it on
my windows box.

When i try to use stunnel on my windows box, it works,

i just have to use this command :

mysql -u user --password=xxx

and with stunnel, i'm connected to the remote server and communications are
encrypted.

but on my linux box, my stunnel config file is the same as on my windows box
but i've got this message :

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

It is normal since i don't have a mysql server on my linux box so this socket
doesn't exists...

I try with --protocol=TCP option but now i have :

Can't connect to MySQL server on "localhost'

Do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

lm.

mysql is trying to connect to localhost by default.

Try to explicitly specify hostname: