Hi all,

Juan Pedro Reyes Molina wrote:
I have been able to create your table in my mysql 4.1.12

I think your remote server is in mysql 4.0 series

I had the same problem some days ago.
I can almost garantee that the local server is running MySQL 4.1.x, and I can garantee (99.9999999999% sure) that remote server is running MySQL 4.0.x server or older.

Recommend to update remote server, and if it is not possible, change the last line to

) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=303 ;

and it probably works.

If that don't works, what are the versions off the local and the remote servers?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

(...)
I am trying to create a table on the remote server from a table I created on my local sever but it never seems to work

CREATE TABLE `sheet1` (
 `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
 `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 `fname` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 `sname` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `job_title` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `organisation` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `email` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `street` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `city` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `postcode` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `office_tel` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `mobile` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `fax` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `web` varchar(255) default NULL,
 `add_info` varchar(255) default NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=303 ;

There seems to be a problem with the last line (this is exported from my local server). I am just learning about mySql as I go so have no real clue about CHARSET and ENGINE (which I believe may be the problem)

ENGINE is the engine of the table, and DEFAULT CHARSET is the character set to use by default for the DB. I recommend you to read the chapters of MySQL manual related to charset/character set and to engines.

This is the error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=303' at line 18

and this is what the manual  says (not very helpful)

a.. Error: 1064 SQLSTATE: 42000 (ER_PARSE_ERROR)

Message: %s near '%s' at line %d

This last line seems to be a bug in your remote version of the DB, but it is not bad, and may be fixed in an earlier version of MySQL

Any help will be appreciated.

Is this enought?

--
Nuno Pereira