Hello. I posted a similar question a while back and received a bunch of
use them in calculations, then storing them as INTs is best. Also,
breaking a number into separate components makes sense if you plan to use
these components as qualifiers in WHERE clauses. I decided to store my
numbers as VARCHARS after considering these issues and to allow for
maximum flexibility although this is an inefficient use of memory.

HTH
Asad