Scott,
>Is there any database file similiar to M$'s Northwind that I can use to play
>with? It would be nice if there is one inside MySQL by default for newbies
>to start out with.
For our chapters on Connector/ODBC and dotNet, Arthur & I wrote scripts to create MySQL versions of the NW schema ...
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html (InnoDB) and
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html#11-2 (MyISAM).
If you like, I'll email you the SQL script for populating the tables.

PB

-----

Scott Hamm wrote:
Is there any database file similiar to M$'s Northwind that I can use to play
with? It would be nice if there is one inside MySQL by default for newbies
to start out with.

Microsoft's document often used Northwind as an example to teach functions.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.9.7/60 - Release Date: 7/28/2005
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.