Also check your kernel version. We had the same problems running on the old RH 7.3 kernel (2.4.17 was it?) After upgrading to RH9 it was fine.

Chris McKeever wrote:
MySQL 4.0.16

I am having this annoying persistent corruption issue, and am
wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  I have two tables that
refuse to stay clean.  After a myisamchk (below) they show corruption.
 I run a myisamchk -r, they get fixed, and the next day, they are once
again corrupt.

Finally, I did a mysqldump, dropped the tables, imported the data from
the dump, and the next day - corrupt.

I am at a loss, I thought the brute force method should clean it.

I dont think it is the applicaiton itself, since there are an
identical 24 tables (alphabet) that do not have this issue.

Any help would be appreciated - Chris

Checking MyISAM file: EmailMessage_c.MYI
Data records:   79196   Deleted blocks:      22
myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
- check file-size
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check record links
myisamchk: error: Record-count is not ok; is 79197        Should be: 79196
myisamchk: warning: Found 457872 deleted space.   Should be 459588
myisamchk: warning: Found      79507 parts                Should be: 79506 parts
MyISAM-table 'EmailMessage_c.MYI' is corrupted
Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"

Checking MyISAM file: EmailMessage_j.MYI
Data records:   39907   Deleted blocks:      91
myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
- check file-size
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check record links
myisamchk: error: Record-count is not ok; is 39909        Should be: 39907
myisamchk: warning: Found 719032 deleted space.   Should be 742328
myisamchk: warning: Found         89 deleted blocks       Should be: 91
myisamchk: warning: Found      40195 parts                Should be: 40193 parts
MyISAM-table 'EmailMessage_j.MYI' is corrupted
Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"