--- Jason Pyeron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> we need help with configure time options
>
> ./configure  --without-unix-socket-path
> --without-server
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] client]$ ./mysql -u root
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL
> server through socket 'no' (2)
>
> trying to disable unix sockets altogether

Most likely you would need to specify the database
server hostname with the -h option.

regards,
esv.

Enrique Sanchez Vela
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
It's often easier to fight for one's        ||    We live in the outer space

principles than to live up to them        ||    Rev. Kay Greenleaf
Adlai Stevenson                                ||