I've been experimenting with databases, both Drupal
and Plone. Plone is a can of worms, but it's
intriguing, partly because it's so different. It
sounds like they replace LAMP with something
completely different, though it's a complete mystery
to me at present.

I wondered if anyone on this list has had experience
with Plone and could explain how their system compares
to PHP/MySQL. I'll be working with animal kingdom data
- child-parent relationships and recursive arrays.

I don't want to abandon PHP and MySQL for something
totally new after I've put so much time and effort
into them. But it might be worthwhile for this
particular site if Plone offers some major advantage.
It's also my understanding that PHP and MySQL can
still be used with Plone, though not be default.

So, do you know if Plone offers any significant
advantages over MySQL, or is it just comparing apples
and oranges?

Thanks.