Brian Dunning wrote:
I'm searching a table of people who own properties, and I want to also include the total count of related properties, and the count of related properties whose (status is 'Active' and approval is 'Active'). I've got:

select accounts.name, count(properties.property_id) as totalcount from accounts, properties where accounts.account_id=properties.account_id group by accounts.account_id;

Works fine. Now I just need to figure out how to add that second count of property records meeting the two conditions. Anyone?

I think query below should help you.

  SELECT
        accounts.name,
        COUNT(properties.property_id) AS totalcount,
        SUM(IF(status='Active' AND 'approval='Active', 1, 0))
  FROM accounts LEFT JOIN properties USING(account_id)
  GROUP BY accounts.account_id;

Regards,
Eugene Kosov