Hello.

I think these lines from sql/mysqld.cc from 4.1.13 distribution shows

that --log-long-format doesn't affect the behavior of MySQL:

{"log-long-format", '0',

"Log some extra information to update log. Please note that this

option is deprecated; see --log-short-format option.",

0, 0, 0, GET_NO_ARG, NO_ARG, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0},

User names are written to the general log.

       <___/   www.mysql.com