I have a server hosting my site that offers MySql and they have activated a login and
password for me.

I  use windows 98 and write websites with code not an editor.

I want to learn database programming and heard MySql was the best.

I downloaded mysql-3.23.37-win.zip from www.mysql.com

After unzipping and installing MySql I (following the instructions in the manual and
the book) opened the MySqlManager in the bin directory and entered the information
requested to register a server.  I then tried to connect and received an error message.

They told me at my hosting service that my host was my complete domain and user was
********* and password is ******** But I continue to recieve an error message.

What am I doing wrong?

TPG

[EMAIL PROTECTED]