Miles,

IS the following query counting cumulative (see below **) pHITS or is it counting individual counts for each user for a particular day. Im not skilled enough to answer this question myself. My instinct says that its counting cumulative values and NOT individual counts for each property name.

SELECT
 search_members.Property_Name AS pNAME,
 search_members.Property_Email AS pEMAIL,
 MAX(user_count.u_datetime) AS pDATE,
 COUNT(user_count.u_userid) AS pHITS
FROM search_members
INNER JOIN user_count ON search_members.Property_ID = user_count.u_userid
GROUP BY pNAME, pEMAIL, search_members.Property_ID
ORDER BY pDATE DESC

Is that query a bit confused, or is it me? If there's just one Property_Name and one Property_Email per property_Id in the search_members table, there's not a need to GROUP BY pname and pemail, and the query seems intended to return the latest user_count.u_datetime and the count of non-null values of user_count.u_userids for every search_members.property_Id. If there can be multiple names & emails per property_ID, the query will break down the counts by name, email then property_id, which would seem bizarre :-) .

PB

m i l e s wrote:

Hi,

IS the following query counting cumulative (see below **) pHITS or is it counting individual counts for each user for a particular day. Im not skilled enough to answer this question myself. My instinct says that its counting cumulative values and NOT individual counts for each property name.

SELECT
search_members.Property_Name AS pNAME,
search_members.Property_Email AS pEMAIL,
MAX(user_count.u_datetime) AS pDATE,
**COUNT(user_count.u_userid) AS pHITS
FROM search_members INNER JOIN user_count ON search_members.Property_ID = user_count.u_userid
GROUP BY pNAME, pEMAIL, search_members.Property_ID
ORDER BY pDATE DESC

I have a feeling that the COUNT line should be something similar to select distinct statement....

Any ideas ?

Sincerely,

M i l e s.