Hello.

MySQL doesn't support Windows 98, and it's (Windows 98 certainly) design

isn't enough secure. There're no file system which has support for

file permissions. Upgrade to the fresher Windows (2k, XP,

2003) will allow you to solve this issue by protecting 'mysql' database

from replacement by other users. Read about how the privilege system works

in MySQL:

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/privileges.html

       <___/   www.mysql.com