Hello.

MySQL 5.0.10 offers modifying tables from stored procedures,

however I've met some problems. I've tried to create a procedure

like your DELETE_USER, but DROP USER seems to accept only literal

strings, not variables, while direct modifying of GRANT tables and

calling FLUSH privileges leads server to hang. See my bug report:

  http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=12485

       <___/   www.mysql.com